Seattle Children’s, formerly Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, is a 250-bed children’s hospital in the Laurelhurst neighborhood of Seattle, Washington.
For more than 100 years, Seattle Children’s Hospital has specialized in meeting the unique physical, emotional and developmental needs of children from infancy through young adulthood.
Through the collaboration of physicians in nearly 60 pediatric subspecialties, we provide inpatient, outpatient, diagnostic, surgical, rehabilitative, behavioral, emergency and outreach services – regardless of a family’s ability to pay.
– Wikipedia & Seattle Children’s website
The Work – “Pediatric Colorectal Network”
Slalom was tasked with the planning, designing and building of a secure private forum for pediatric specialists, with an interest in pediatric colorectal surgery, to post and discuss cases. The Pediatric Colorectal Network gives doctors with the opportunity to receive just-in-time education to assist in providing the very best care for their patients.
Working at Slalom Consulting I was involved in all aspects of the project – Scoping, Planning, Design and Development. Our primary goals for the site:
- Create new, private, site that was both user friendly and feature rich
- Implement a user community system, tailored specifically for surgeons, that included:
- Member Management
- Secure Forums and Topics
- Threaded conversations with auditing
- Email notifications
- Secure and compliant site versioning
- Implement a stable, and update-able CMS system to accommodate anticipated growth
- Create a responsive layout
- Lead UX/Designer
- Backend WordPress theme customization
- Community architecture and implementation
- Content population and styling
- Information Architecture
- Responsive Design
- UX Design